Japanese Technical Translator
We are looking for a freelance Japanese Technical Translator to help us deliver all Kinsta content to the Japanese market. Your primary responsibility will be translating technical content (blog posts, knowledge base/documentation pages, and occasionally videos) from English into Japanese. Your work will help our teams ensure that everything we publish in Japan is localized, correct, immersive, and culturally relevant to the market.
What You Will Do:
- Most importantly, you will provide high-quality, professional translation of our technical content from English into Japanese.
- Also, you will translate social media assets and video subtitles, both related to technical tips and Kinsta features.
Who You Are:
- You have technical knowledge of coding languages and frameworks.
- 3+ years of working experience working with coding languages or developing systems. (Note: this does NOT include interpretation or communication between developers: your expertise must be directly related to coding or development of technical projects).
- 3+ years of experience translating technical content from English to Japanese. Some examples of the topics include database optimization, coding best practices, and API integrations. (Note: this does NOT include basic onboarding manual or interface/frontend translation).
- You express tenacious research and learning habits.
- Native fluency in Japanese and an understanding of Japanese culture. We favor natural translations to word-to-word direct translations. Any experience writing in Japanese about technical subjects such as blogging and publishing would be ideal.
- As English is our working language, fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement.
- You have availability to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to work with Kinsta content.